WHY OPTIMIZE THE CONTENT OF ITS WEBSITE?
You have probably heard many times "content is king"! Although the subject is vast, I will try in this blog to explain why rich and work content of your website is important, even essential, in achieving the objectives of your digital strategy. In this case we talk about optimizing the content of its website.
FIRST YOU WILL NEED TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF SEARCH ENGINES TO BE FOUND.
Search engines, Google (google.com) in this case, as you seek to distinguish itself for further growth. To illustrate this, I then ask you this question: how a search engine does manage to stay competitive? The answer is obvious: the relevance of search results they display to their users.
Google understands this more than any other. This is why the company is the leader in this sector. To deliver relevant results, Google is working hard to improve its algorithms to provide its users a flawless experience. The company is so dedicated that it often sets the standard.
Search engines are important allies in the success of your digital strategy. If your company, your products or services are not found on the web, it becomes almost impossible for a coherent and effective digital strategy. The investment is for your website will probably never be profitable and you'll miss many beneficial business opportunities for your growth.
Meet the requirements of search engines is essential to attract visitors to your site. To get there, so you should familiarize yourself with the operation of these engines and even to be accompanied by experts of your agency. You have to invest to implement a strategy of effective content and make your site technical developments required that the robots of search engines to index your pages properly. There is no secret, it's the price to pay for success.
CREATE CONTENT THAT SPEAK TO THOSE WHO SEEK YOU. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE CUSTOMERS.
Let us start from a simple observation "users looking for your products or services are most likely to convert into customers." To draw a parallel with the "classic" sales cycle, if you operate a business that sells products or services and that you have a sales force you will most certainly found that your salespeople do better with the customers approach with those contacted in the cold. This is normal, in the first scenario, the need is already more or less defined, in the second scenario must create the need.
In the digital world it's a bit the same, except that your first seller is the content. Whether you are selling directly on the canvas or your goal is simply to feed your sales prospects into, you ask users to a specific action. Complete an order or fill out a contact form. In this context, you will not be alone on the canvas to seek that outcome. Your competitors are looking the same as you. Your content must convince, reassure and justify the action you expect your users.
Here are some tips that will help you stand out, in addition to contributing to your position on the canvas.
USE THE BLOG TO POSITION YOURSELF AS AN EXPERT.
Become a reference for your users abundantly sharing articles or information about your industry, your services or products. Share your opinions, offer concrete solutions to specific situations and assume a leadership role. Demonstrate the human aspect of your organization and build on your team to promote what distinguishes you from your competitors. When the time comes for your users to realize the act of purchase, you will be at the forefront of companies to whom they grant their confidence. Users choose naturally the companies that share solutions with them.
Moreover, the blog is an effective way to add new dynamic content to a website which has the effect of significantly contribute to its reputation. Blogs often contain keywords related to your industry and contribute to good SEO of your site.
START A CONVERSATION WITH YOUR USERS
Interact with your users will help you understand what drives the most and you will continuously improve your approach. This will also make you more accessible and create a sense of closeness. How to do it?
- Add a chat tool (chat) to your website. Mark it in hours and assign a responsible person in your team to answer live questions. We are in the era of instant gratification and users seeking answers require them immediately. You'll learn a lot about their perception of your site, your products and services.
- Submit a registration to the newsletter. A user who takes the time to read an article on your site is potentially interested in receiving more information on the subject. Make sure you give him a registration form to your newsletter dressed a message that explains the purpose well. Set up a to newsletter strategy that reminds you to remember your users. This strategy can be informative or promotional, depending on the nature of your operations.
- Allow users to comment and share your content. Install the tools of comments and social sharing, respond to comments and interact with your customers. Never forget that they are your best ambassadors.
- Suggest your users to contact you. Submit in your pages, a link to a contact form to enable your users to make specific issues to a contact. This form must be attractive and short. Remember: the more the form is, the more you lose the attention of your users. THE RIGHT CONTENT TO THE RIGHT PLACE TO OPTIMIZE THE CONTENT OF ITS WEBSITE Write content to be found is an art. Here are some basic rules that will help you perform better.
- Definition of keywords. Keywords define and describe your topic. Before writing the contents of a page, ask yourself what keywords your users are likely to use to find you in the search engines. Write your content accordingly.
- The terms called "long tail". Remember that average users use 4 words to search. Therefore integrate your content type expressions "long tail" . You'll have more chance of being competitive.
- Turn each page of your site. Search engines do not reference sites, but pages. Consider each of your pages as a site and either apply a policy of relevant keywords out. Each of your pages is potentially a gateway to your website.
- Make sure your titles or tags knowledgeable. Having knowledgeable Titles tags for each page seems to be one of the most important factors for SEO of a page.
- Add a meta description to your pages. This description will appear in the search results under the title. This tag, to a maximum of 160 characters, must prompt the user to continue on your page. Make it to be catchy.
- Clean code. In order to please the search engines, make sure that your code does not contain too many mistakes. Make sure to close your tags. A well-hung site will be better positioned than a poorly designed site.
- Optimize loading time of your pages. Make sure that the loading time of your pages as short as possible, to allow time for robots to be interested in content when they visit. This will also contribute to providing the best experience to your visitors.
- Add internal quality links to your pages. Easy access from one page to another within a site also contributes to its SEO. Ease of navigation from one page to another by inserting internal links whose text content is correlated with the theme of the pointed page.
- How many words per page? It is generally accepted that a minimum of 300 words per page is required for it to be referenced. Be careful not to exaggerate in the density of the keywords you add. Enough keywords will be productive, too penalize you.
Finally, optimizing your content is a perpetual work that is worth the investment because it brings new customers. Compare your results with your most important competitors and adjust your shot. Measure your conversions, follow your performance. Put yourself in question and constantly follow the changes Google makes to its algorithm to adjust.
At EXACTWEBS we help hundreds of clients identify effective content strategies. Do not hesitate to call on our experts to be supported in achieving your business goals online.